Friday 12 June 2015

Stamps and Stencils June challenge Small is beautiful
The challenge was to create, or alter something small using at least one stencil and one stamp.
 I combined this with my Tag tuesday challenge which was to create a tag using the theme "arrows." I played aroud on a piece of white card experimenting with some Ayeeda inks that I bought from the 13arts on line store in Poland. I dropped spots of ink onto the page and spritzed them with water. You can get really vivid colors with a little water and lovely soft colors if you use a lot of water. So I covered the tag  with paper from  the softer water wash effect side of the paper. I then grabbed a stencil I like,(from 13arts as well) mixed Ayeeda pink ink with what I thought was texture paste. It was actually white gesso when I looked again at the tub!! 
 I thought " don"t want to waste this ink" so scraped the gesso over the stencil to see what sort of effect I got. Of course the gesso ran under the stencil as well and I ended up with  rather a lumpy and indecisive  effect. However I did use a stencil!!
Next I stamped from My Darkroom Door collection using pink Archival ink. I love this set (Stamper )
My arrows were die cut (in'spire by Spellbinders)from the bright louder part of the inked page.  It was a challenge to stick then on but zig glue stick on my fingers and onto the inside of the arrows worked well.
Last task -find a ribbon that matches!
I must say I had great fun putting this together and I must thank Rikki Grazianni (justtoobsessed blogspot) for introducing me to the ayeeda inks! I'll be investing in more I think!!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your Bakcground you have done so well with the 13@rts inks!!!!

    ReplyDelete